When to plant vegetable garden depends on the season. We know that we cannot grow vegetables every time we want to. We have to keep it in mind, vegetables such as pepper, tomatoes, and squash are available throughout the season while carrots, corns, radishes can only produce once. So there will be the best time to grow vegetables. Those who always want to have vegetables in their garden should posses a special calendar to grow vegetables. Do you know what vegetables to grow when?
A special calendar to guide when to plant vegetable garden:
- January. The best vegetables to plant: onions, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs such as chives, basils, thyme, parsley, and oregano.
- February. The best vegetables to plant: lettuce, broccoli, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and herbs, such as Greek oregano, dill, and Italian basils.
- March. The best vegetable to plant: cucumbers, lettuce, melons, broccoli, carrots, beets, corns, peas, squash, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, and herbs such as dill, Greek oregano, and Italian basils.
- April. It is the same as in March.
- May. It is the same as in March and April.
- June. It is the same as in March, April, and May.
- July. The best vegetables to plant: cucumber, carrots, cabbages, broccoli, and beans.
- August. The best vegetables to plant: Spinach, radish, peas, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, and beans.
- September. The best vegetables to plant: Broccoli, Garlic, lettuce, radish, and spinach.
- October. The best vegetables to plant: garlic and herbs, such as basil, chives, oregano, parsley, and thyme.
- November. The best vegetables to plant: herbs, such as basil, chives, oregano, parsley, thyme, and sprouts, but make sure to grow sprouts indoor. In the warmer countries, it is the best time to grow lettuce, broccoli, carrots, radish, and spinach.
- December. The best vegetables to plant in warmer countries: lettuce, radish, carrots, broccoli, spinach, and herbs such as thyme, oregano, parsley, chives, and basils.
You see, there are different vegetables in every month of the year, right. Pay attention too to the vegetables that can grow in warmer countries during winter. What else do you need to know about planting vegetables? You need also to know about bugs, diseases, and animals that can disturb your vegetables.
Kinds of bugs that can bother your vegetables:
· Pest insects
Kinds of diseases that can make your vegetables die:
· Leaf disease
· Root disease
· Fruit disease
Kinds of animals that can eat all your vegetables:
· Small and large mammals
· Dog, cats, birds, snakes
Learn well about how to get rid of them and best solution to protect your vegetables from pests and diseases. For animals, make sure you always close the doors of your garden. http://www.vegetablegardendesignidea.com hope that the article about when to plant vegetable garden get you inspired to have your own.